Learn to Support Yourself and Others with Conflict First Aid™ Skills, Tools and Support
WHAT is Conflict First Aid? These days, most of us wish that we (and others) were better equipped to respond effectively – and we wish we could be ready (or supported) anywhere a problem or people become difficult. Needed by individuals, groups, leaders, professionals and caregivers, Conflict First Aid skills and tools are similar in scope to “standard” or mental health first aid but… for conflict!
Note – Conflict First Aid™ is voluntary and never implies or requires that you must intervene.
Based on 25+ years of research, experience and application, this 2 day program of awareness-building and skill-based training is designed to support calm and confidence in offering support for a turn toward a fix when needed, and, at the ‘lowest’ level of escalation. In other words, where and when there is the best chance of preventing additional difficulty, frustration, cost and harm. The 2-days of training addresses all manner of conflict situations including:
– Challenges and Change
– Complaints, Incivility, Competency
– Culture or Community and more!
When you attend the 2 days, you will learn:
- The mindset to keep you and others confident and clear when conflict occurs. This is so you stay out of, and don’t put yourself in, the middle;
- Simple, clear options to find ways toward a confident and calm next step;
- Techniques to hold space so frustrations can be expressed constructively, and solutions can be found;
- The bystander feedback system:
- the 2 phase, 4-step P.A.T.H. to help ensure resistant bullies, avoiders, and problem-people or groups get the feedback they need;
- a way to say a super-clear ‘no’ or to set boundaries that can provide SAFE path ahead for anyone affected or involved (including the bully);
- Where to go when you need to see, hear and understand the sources of concern (e.g., anger, power, hurt or despair) without exhausting yourself, needing to be involved, or becoming a problem to someone else (or yourself).