We always welcome the additional help and support of interested individuals. If you think you have a valuable skill to bring to our team, please don’t hesitate to contact us in the contact link on the top menu.
Volunteer Board Director – Peace In Minds
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your professional skills n a rewarding volunteer position?
Peace In Minds (PIM) is a Not-for-Profit organization, based in Kingston ON, that focuses on mental health and wellness education programs. Our programs strive to improve knowledge and understanding of mental health in resource poor communities, while improving overall wellness and coping skills.
PIM is the first of its kind to incorporate both education and prevention practices in mental health education, specifically directed at communities with minimal mental health promotion supports both within Canada and abroad.
Requirements of Board Members
Peace In Minds is currently seeking to add one new board director to the team. Strong preference will go to applicants who hold professional experience and qualification in accounting or finance. Leadership experience and a willingness to work in a community driven team are a must. Board directors must have an interest in improving community mental health and wellness here in Canada as well as abroad.
Must be able to:
- Contribute 3-10 hours per month for board member activities or meetings
- Attend meetings in Kingston, Ontario
- Commit to the values and mission of PIM
- Support and participate in fundraising events
- Participate on the board for 1 year or longer, with a start date of June 15, 2018
If you are interested in being a Board Director for PIM and meet the above criteria, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2018, along with your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in joining the board of Peace in Minds?
- In what ways can you contribute to the board?